I don’t do vegan…ever. Well, I lied. I did vegan today and it came out wonderful. This soup can be made in under 20 minutes and all you need is a blender, a microwave and a sense of adventure.
This soup is a blend of carroty sweetness, subtly nutty from the sesame seed oil and has a great spicy kick from the gochujang. If you don’t know what gochujang is, I highly recommend you grab some of that Korean sexiness and throw out your drab old ketchup.
4 cups carrots, washed and peeled
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups hot water or stock
1 TB olive oil
1 TB dark sesame seed oil
1 ts cracked pepper
1 TB gochujang (korean chili paste)
Sesame seeds garnish
– Wash, peel and roughly chop carrots.
– Place carrots in microwavable bowl and with 1 cup water microwave until soft.
– With hand held blender, or regular blender, add garlic, water from steamed carrots and blend.
– To gauge on how thick, or thin, soup will be add other cup of hot water.
– While blending, add salt, pepper, and olive oil.
– Add chili paste and sesame seed oil and blend until smooth.
– Serve with sesame seeds on top and grilled cheese sandwich (not vegan… )